Power Exhibitions is a trading name of CM Management Group Ltd, a company based in the UK. The events we organise, whether physical or virtual are owned by us are not run by any third party organisations.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us directly at email@example.com and inform us of this.
This policy provides you with information about:
- when we might collect your personal data;
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained;
- our legal basis for collecting and using your data;
- our Cookies policy; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
When do we collect data about you?
We can collect data from a variety of different sources, these include:
1. When you make an enquiry to us from our website
2. When you subscribe to our newsletter
3. When you speak to our staff
4. When you register for the purpose of attending an event or exhibition that is organised by us, whether physical or virtual.
In any of the above cases, the data we collect could be personal data.
How will we use the data we collect about you?
We may need to collect information about you to process a transaction, fulfil your order and provide you with a specific service. This information may include details such as your name, your address, your e-mail address, phone numbers, and your bank details.
Unless we have your express consent, we will only disclose personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. Such third parties might include printers of event materials, conference venues, etc. and our disclosure of your data would be subject to a requirement that they use the information strictly as directed by us in accordance with applicable laws. Some of those third parties may be based outside the UK area where privacy laws are not as strict, but we will always ensure that your information is held securely.
Power Exhibitions uses your personal information to provide you with a personalised service and to give you details of offers and information which we think will be of interest to you. We may also use the information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
By becoming a Power Exhibitions client, supplier or subscriber you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as outlined above.
What personal data do we collect?
- your name and gender;
- your business contact details: postal address including billing address, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- bookings or orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on CM Management Group Ltd websites;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details if applicable;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with CM Management Group Ltd; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as on LinkedIn, Twitter).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you log into an account on one of our event portals, or send an email to our sales or operations teams. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How do we maintain the security of your data?
Website delegate registration
Our office server/web server, PCs and all of our websites, as well as our CRM system, are built with password protection to access any part of the website – the front end as well as the administration area.
CM MANAGEMENT GROUP LTD LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING CLIENT PERSONAL DATA
CM Management Group Ltd collects and uses clients’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of products or services to a client; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to clients via email or text message.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing client data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of CM Management Group Ltd, including:
- selling and supplying event-related services to our clients;
- understanding our clients’ preferences, and needs so that we can tailor the events more closely to them;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual clients;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- protecting clients, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling client contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by clients;
- protecting CM Management Group Ltd, its employees and clients, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to CM Management Group Ltd;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against CM Management Group Ltd; and
- fulfilling our duties to our clients, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us by any of the following means:
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to us at: CM Management Group Ltd, The Redfern, 83B Allt Yr Yn Avenue, Newport, South Wales, UK, NP20 5DD